Over Speed vehicle detection on Roads
Driving on the carpeted roads, highways and motorways always provoke the drivers to up to the maximum capacity of their vehicle. There are some crazy people on the roads who think that flying their vehicle on roads would make them cool. Trust me! reality is opposite. That’s probably not their fault, the driver might have seen Fast and Furious series and thinks of himself as Vin Diesel. But, I think he is way cooler than you. Wait! What about the time before Fast and Furious was released, the over-speeding guys were there on roads. Over speeding is not a good thing, never it was.
Some reasons, why you should avoid over speeding.
- Increasing speed of your vehicle will uplift the trip cost. Automobiles are designed to balance the fuel cost and speed. Every vehicle is designed in a way to give maximum efficiency below the certain limit. So, if you want to save fuel cost follow speed limits on roads.
- High speed vehicles are the second largest cause of accidents. Faster a car moves, higher the risk of severe accident. The rationale behind this is that when you are driving at higher speed then you would have less control on you vehicle and you would have less time to respond for any other obstacle on road. You may lose your body part or even life by just saving a second on road. So we should use helmet and seat belt for our safety.
- Over speeding can also cause damage to your property or other’s. Suppose you are driving really fast and strike your car with a shop of sensitive stuff then you will have to compensate their loss. Other that a crash, over speeding reduce the life of vehicle and tires.
- High fuel consumption is the basic source of air pollution. The air pollution can be reduced significantly by less aggressive driving. Surveys find the fact that about 15% of the air pollution is reduced by reducing speed from 100 km/h to 80 km/h.
- Drivers of high speed vehicles are always in chaos and anxiety. Increasing the anxiety of an individual can be the basic source of different health hazards.
- Over speeding can actually increase your travel time. A simple miscalculation on roads can waist your complete day or even cost your life.
How you can contribute:
You can contribute to the society for reducing the traffic related hazards. Following are some few points that can an individual do on his part to reduce accidents on roads.
- Get driving license first then drive on main roads.
- Follow the speed limits on highways and city roads.
- Install more speed checkers sensors on roads by police officials.
- Follow traffic rules of signals, lanes and age.
How we contribute:
We propose a system that is capable of finding the speed of vehicle using simple two CCTV cameras. Although, nearly all the roads have signboards of speed limits but most of the people don’t bother to obey the speed limits. The basic aim of this project is to capture culprits of over speeding using least possible extra hardware.
In this project we will use two different cameras placed at the standard distance to measure the average speed between two cameras. Initial time log of the vehicle is marked in the first camera and in second camera, final time is logged that helps to find the average speed of the vehicle. If the average speed of the vehicle is more than the limit impose by the traffic police then following actions can be taken automatically,
- Printing E-tickets for all those vehicles that crosses the speed limit.
- Displaying the information about vehicles that are currently over speeding for the safety of other vehicles.
- Calling police in case of extra breaching the speed limit on roads.
- Automatically captures the photographs of over speeding vehicles for verifiability in the future.
We are going to implement vehicle detection using state-of-the-art techniques of deep learning. In deep learning we will use convolution neural networks that extract best features automatically to learn the scenario. Considering the current state-of-the-art approaches, the accuracy of the system would be high for detecting over speed vehicles.